June 17th, 2013: The Music And Gaming Festival returns for it’s twelfth straight year of non-stop concerts, gaming, guests, and parties. MAGFest 12 will be January 2-5, 2014, and the festival will once again return to National Harbor, MD. New to the lineup of bands this year is Machinae Supremacy, the Swedish self-descibed “SID Metal” group who have played their own video game inspired repertoire for over a decade.
There will be nearly 40 musical acts, and dozens of special guests joining in at MAGFest this year, but here’s just a small taste of what we’ll have:
- Al Lowe – Creator of Leisure Suit Larry, and all around hilarious human being
- Matt Mercer – Voice actor, and director of “School of Thrones” and “There Will Be Brawl”
- Zach Grafton – Co-creator of “School of Thrones” and “There Will Be Brawl”
- Darren Korb – Supergiant Games composer known for Bastion, and the upcoming Transistor
- Super Guitar Bros – Acoustic guitar duet video game covers
And, of course, as always, the king himself:
- Jon St. John – Voice of Duke Nukem, also the last voice you hear before you die.
Pre-registration and hotel rooms are now open to the public, so hurry up and get to it! MAGFest is also acceping applications for panels, musical performers, and indie game studios. Got got a game, band, or discussion topic that you need to show the world? Show it at MAGFest!
Short for “Music And Gaming Festival,” MAGFest is a four day long party dedicated to the appreciation of video game music, gaming of all types, and the gaming community. The festival runs 24 hours a day, and offers consoles, arcades, tabletop, LAN, live video game cover bands, chiptunes, vendors, guest speakers, and much much more. MAGFest is run by MAGFest, Inc., a non-profit organization dedicated to furthering the appreciation of games and video game music. MAGFest Inc.’s main method of achieving this goal is to create events which provide a means for people to enjoy games, as well as musical concerts. For more details regarding MAGFest, contact Nick Marinelli, MAGFest press and public relations director, firstname.lastname@example.org.