Home Forum

Forums

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:36 pm 
Vidgle
Vidgle

Anthony Zaragoza announced that Vidgle will be shut down in March of 2012. Managing the site has become too stressful.

“Vidgle has gotten out of control,” said Zaragoza in a press conference outside his Long Island office, “and the stress of managing this company has ruined my life. I need to put an end to all the madness.”

“In March 2011, we were Zkon’d and I couldn’t do anything about it. I had to reboot the server several times and it didn’t work. I just don’t know what else I could of done.”

Zaragoza went on to explain that starting March 15th of next year, users will no longer be able to access Vidgle. That gives users a year to adjust to life without the world of Vidgle. March 15, 2012 will mark the end of Anthony’s contract he has with Jenthony Enterprises, Inc., parent company of Vidgle.com, and has the authority to shut down the website.

“After March 15th, 2012 the whole website shuts down,” said Maria O’Connell, technical adviser for Vidgle.com. “So if you ever want to see our pictures and videos again, I recommend you download them. You won’t be able to get them back after Vidgle goes out of business.”

Zaragoza said the decision to shut down Vidgle was difficult, but that he does not think people will be upset.

“I personally don’t think it’s a big deal,” he said in a private phone interview. “And to be honest, I think it’s for the better. Without Vidgle, people will have to make it to the cons that we cover for Con Goer. We are kind of getting tired of mocking our viewers for not being at the con we are reporting at.”

Some Vidgle users were furious upon hearing the shocking news.

“What am I going to do without Vidgle?” said Andrea Garcia, a high school student from Wisconsin. “There are no cons where I live. I want to see the cons that I wish I can go to in my life!

However, conventions across the country have been experiencing a long anticipated sense of relief over Vidgle’s “Con Goer” series.

“I’m glad the Vidgle nightmare is over,” said Christopher King, a con-chair for a Chicago-based anime convention. “Now we don’t have to worry about Vidgle’s camera light hurting anybody’s eyes anymore.”

Zaragoza will pursue in a career of transportation when he leaves the company.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:00 pm 
Vidgle
Vidgle

You make me cry T^T

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:09 pm 
Vidgle
Vidgle

APRIL FOOLS!

Do you really think I am going to shut down this site?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:28 pm 
Vidgle
Vidgle

I feel like such an idiot for believing that XDD But you do admit that the site does cause you stress sometimes!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:21 pm 
Vidgle
Vidgle

ColieCakes wrote:
I feel like such an idiot for believing that XDD But you do admit that the site does cause you stress sometimes!!

it's fun stress, which i rarely have. second, i don't get then what many believe. Until the next time I say "We have been ZKon'd" again.